If you are:
- A professional with skills and expertise to offer the nonprofit sector and want to give back to the community
- Considering serving on a nonprofit board
- Wondering how to select the best organization to serve that matches your interests
- New to nonprofit board service and want to build your nonprofit know-how
- Currently serving on a nonprofit board and want to take your board leadership to the next level
…this essential board governance training is for you!
Since 2014, the Hawaiʻi Alliance of the Nonprofit Organizations has presented its Nonprofit Board Leadership Institute (NBLI) training simultaneously with its annual nonprofit conference. The NBLI provides participants with board governance training to become effective board members and community leaders.
In its first three years, the first half of the day has been structured to provide an overview of:
- best practices in nonprofit board governance
- key responsibilities all board members need to be aware of
- elements of a successful board-staff relationship
- effective organizational planning and evaluation to help nonprofit organizations achieve
- how to determine which nonprofit is right for you
At lunch and through the afternoon, participants have the opportunity to network, connect with Hawaii’s nonprofit leaders, and attend sessions at the HANO conference that meet their interests. The day concludes with a cocktail reception.
This format may be modified in future years.
If you’d like to be alerted when the next NBLI training is scheduled, click here to subscribe to our early notification list.