Things that a nonprofit should be able to articulate to prospective board members:
- What are the strategic goals of the organization?
- What are the fund development goals that support the strategic goals?
- How are board members expected to participate in fund development efforts?
- Personal giving commitment (board giving program): is there a required annual minimum amount or is it self-defined?
- What other kinds of resources are needed (sponsorships, in-kind support, major gifts, capital investments)?
- Are board members relied-upon to identify new donors? And/or indicate the organization’s value to the community by their association?